We will be reopening the office to all patients on TUESDAY, MAY 19th, 2020. We are doing our part to keep you and our team healthy, and we need you to do your part! You will receive a phone call and email with the necessary information prior to any scheduled appointments. We understand this might seem repetitive, but we need to ensure all of our patients have read and are following the protocols put in place to protect us all.
If you have not created your personal profile on our patient portal, please email the office at smiles@juanitacreekdentistry or call to request an invitation to set up your online account.
- We will be calling you the business day prior to your scheduled dental appointment to complete a wellness screening. It is important for us to document your health on the day before your appointment – any earlier or later will nullify the information.
Curbside Waiting Room:
- Please call us when you arrive and wait inside your vehicle. We will be repeating the wellness screening on the day of your appointment. A team member will call you when they are ready to seat you.
- Please have a mask or face covering to cover your mouth and nose prior to entering the office.
- In order to help ensure proper physical distancing for all our patients, additional family members will not be able to accompany you to your dental appointments or wait in the waiting room or in the building. Exceptions include necessary, screened interpreters and a single screened family member or guardian to accompany minors or adults who have physical or mental disabilities.
- Your team member will be waiting for you. They will record your temperature with a forehead thermometer, and your oxygen saturation levels with a pulse oximeter.
- You will be asked to remove and put away or dispose of any gloves and use the provided hand sanitizer.
- If multiple patients check-in at the same time, we will ask you to maintain 6 feet of distance between you and any other patients.
- In order to coordinate your appointments and avoid overflow, we ask that you inform us of any additional concerns other than the treatment you are scheduled for by calling or emailing the office 48 hours prior to your appointment.
- Our office has always taken safety protocols seriously. We have always used a highly efficient disinfecting agent called Cavicide, a multipurpose, broad-spectrum disinfectant specifically formulated for the control of cross-contamination. It is effective in killing bacteria, viruses, and fungi. We will continue to wipe all patient surfaces between each use and will continue wearing appropriate PPE to protect you and us.
Financial and Cancellation Policies:
- We understand that many of our patients' employers or employment statuses may have been affected by the response to COVID-19.
- While we will assist in answering your questions, you are responsible for checking that you have active dental coverage and to inform us of any changes since your most recent appointment. This can easily be done by calling the number on the back of your dental insurance card, signing into your online insurance account, or contacting your HR representative for your coverage details. Any lapse in coverage or changes resulting in unpaid claims will be your financial responsibility.
- We will continue to uphold our financial policy and collect payment of anticipated patient portion at the time of service.
- For social distancing purposes and to keep the traffic in the office low, we ask that if you need to discuss payment options or have insurance questions to please call or email the office prior to your appointment.
- We understand there are situations that arise in which you will need to cancel or reschedule your appointment. We request 48 hours for cancellations and reschedules. We respect your time and ours, we reserve a room and team member for your particular needs. There will be a $50 late cancel fee for each hour scheduled with our team.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation in these unprecedented times.